Sunday, June 10, 2012

Double The Fun!

I don't know about you, but when I started scrapping about ten years ago, I did only double page LOs. Somewhere along the way , I got into the single page mindset. I really do miss the two pager tho...it gave you so much more room to get in lots of photos and info about whatever you were scrapping.

Well my dear friend KELLY has been busy and in cahoots with the gals over at Canadian Scrapbooker magazine this month. Kelly has designed a marvelous double page sketch for your inspiration. CS is encouraging us to get back into the double page mode. Try your hand at Kelly's awesome sketch and email your LO to CS, and YOU , yes, YOU could have a chance to be published! Easy peasy right? So without further ado, here's Kelly's wonderful sketch.......



Cool eh?and here's what KELLY created with her sketch...



Yummy! Don't those cupcakes look delish?

 Here's my take on the sketch...


I've had these photos of DD since last summer kicking around waiting to be scrapped but no inspiration...and along comes Kelly's sketch and it all fell into place!  DD sang with a local theater group, Stage West Theater, last summer. "A Fine Tyme" was a wonderful show of Nfld music and prose and played to a packed house almost every night. She will be joining Stage West again this summer, reprising her role in " A Fine Tyme" and also acting in " This is a Play". Thanks to Tom Cochrane of www.cornerbrooker.com for sending me the two top photos ...the bottom ones are mine.And thanks to dear Kelly for inspiring me to finally get these photos scrapped! Now get busy and submit your take on her sketch to CS magazine for a chance to get published. Toodles!

3 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited that you are submitting your layout for my new double page sketch! yay!!!!!!!!!! You did a wonderful job....LOVE the patterned papers with these photos, and the chippies are perfect for the music theme! Canadian Scrapbooker will LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout. I LOVE your color combo and that embellie cluster on the bottom right. Those chips are awesome. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! cash for cars Rocklea

    ReplyDelete