Saturday, September 29, 2012

G45 Ladies Diary Tray

What a gorgeous sunny Saturday afternoon here in Nfld. I should probably be outside putting my garden to bed for the winter ...in the past I've been guilty of putting it off till the last minute and then poor hubby has to go out in the first snow and hack things down so I don't have such a slimy mess to contend with the next spring.... but instead I cleaned house {why is it that when I work three days in a row , my house just falls to pieces????} . Anyhow, work is done and before I pop down to play in the woman cave I thought I'd share my beautiful G45 tray that I made last weekend at Deidre's retreat in Springdale.


This tray is a 7Gypsies tray that my dear friend KELLY bought me when I visited her in Edmonton last year. {To see Kelly's blog posting on our trips back and forth across Canada to visit each other click HERE }. I was ecstatic when I opened this month's ScrapThat's kit featuring the gorgeous Ladies Diary pps from G45 . The soft green blues in this paper line were the perfect match to the color in my scraproom and I immediately got inspired to do this tray! {Kelly will no doubt tell you that the rather large and STRONG mug of Bailey's that she mixed me - to settle me down she claims! - was rather instrumental in inspiring me and this tray lol}!

Irregardless of what was truly my muse, I was so very pleased with how it all turned out! Here's a few close ups.

 
The dress form is a gorgeous chippie piece from FABSCRAPS { an African company}. I first altered it with model paste{ the only part you can see that on is up by the neck...sort of a waste of time as I ended up covering 99% of it up lol}. The leg part of the form was embossed with Martha Stewart emboss powder to give it that metal look. I cut a small scrap of the G45 paper to make the "shirt" and added several layers of lace for the skirt. The "pearl" necklace was colored with alcohol inks{thanks for bringing me those to play with Kelly} and I finished off the dress form waist with some brown ribbon and a flower and feather from the ScrapThat kit.



Lots of Glossy Accents crackle medium on this clock face to age it.


A few flower sprays in opposite corners... and a pretty fabric banner to top it off!


This banner was super duper easy to make. I simply cut the banner pieces from artists canvas { as a painter I have tons of this stuff kicking around} ...you can buy this at any art supply store in any size you need . I cut out my banner pieces and painted the edges with ModPodge to keep them from fraying. I bent over the top edges and using my crop-a-dile, I punched holes and set my WeRMemoryMakers eyelets in each piece. Then I inked the edges and added my word using stickers from the Ladies' Diary G45 sticker sheet. ..and Viola`! a beautiful addition for my scraproom wall. Thanks for popping by today. I hope its as nice in your neck of the woods as it is here today. Toodles!

3 comments:

  1. Love this beautiful piece of art Michelle such a vintage feel . It's not so nice here in NS this weekend rain, rain and more rain but can't complain everything was so dry after a fabulous summer. Happy Thanksgiving
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say MORE BAILEYS!!!!!!! ha ha ha! Wow. This tray turned out BEAUTIFULLY, MIchelle! So happy I was able to see it irl :) Lovely lovely work! I wish we could retreat together every weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tray is fabulous! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today - I really appreciate your kind words! I hope you'll come back and visit in early November when I post my tutorial for the mini-fan embellishments ;)

    ReplyDelete