Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Few Graduation LOs and Kelly's Double the Fun Sketch

I'd like to share a few graduation LOs with you today. {WARNING! WARNING!! This post is photo heavy!} I've been busy as a beaver working on them and am finally getting around to posting a few. I've gone with two really different looks with these LOs. The school colors are black and gold and as all the 'Cap and Gown' day photos are of Scott and his buddies, I've stuck to a more neutral palette and a masculine feel.
 
My first LO is a 2 pager that I made based on KELLY'S awesome sketch for CANADIAN SCRAPBOOKER 's Double the Fun challenge. There's still time for you to do a LO based on this great sketch and submit it to Canadian Scrapbooker before the August 15th deadline! You never know...you just might get published!
 
So here is Kelly's great sketch:

 
 ...and here's my take on it!

 

 
These guys have been best buds for many years and have had a lot of fun {and only a little trouble lol} together!
 
Here's a few more of the more masculine LOs. I really love this one ! It is so much simpler {read less cluttered haha} than my usual LOs. I find it hard to leave negative space so this is a breakthrough for me!
 
 

 
 
and a LO with the grandparents...
 
 
Check out these cool dudes heading off to graduation in fine style!
 
 
 
 I think this may be one of my favs!
 Little story behind it ...as you can see, there are photos of three of these guys on their first day of Junior high back in 2007. I had done a LO of them at that time and for some reason that LO popped into my mind on Graduation Day and I ran into the house, grabbed my old scrapbook and got the guys to do the same poses. I thought it made for a really sweet now and then type of LO. Don't you agree?
 
 
 
This next LO is based on the June Sketchy challenge over at CANADIAN SCRAPBOOKER by SUE SYKES
 
 
Here's my interpretation...
 
 
 
 
 
 
The next day of Graduation was the Grand March/dance day. Scott's date wore a beautiful fuchsia gown and this allowed me to play with more color and to make these LOs a little more feminine! I couldn't wait to use the BO BUNNY 'Prairie Chic' papers for these LOs. The colors in this collection were perfect! I've only done a couple of LOs of this more formal day {yet!. There'll be more I can assure you! :) }.
This first LO is based on the July Sketchy challenge at CANADIAN SCRAPBOOKER ....another design by the talented SUE SYKES .


and my take on it...


 
 
Another LO using those gorgeous Bo Bunny Prairie Chic papers....




Last one I PROMISE!!!!! Look at those gorgeous eyes!
 
 
 
 So there you have it. This is what I've been up to the last two months. Hope you've enjoyed looking at my "baby's" grad LOs. I'm sure I'll squeeze out a few more ...grand march, dancing with his momma,...yup. ...definitely can come up with a few more yet! Thanks for stopping by today! Toodles!

6 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! You have been a busy girl. Love :Park Bench. The tassel is worth the hassle is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I almost cried when I read the last one!! So true too!! I'll be completely honest here...I like the less busy LO's you did!! They bring out the pictures and my nephew is a handsome subject to look at!!! <3 They are all Absolutely gorgeous though...your talent never ceases to amaze me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH!! And tell Kelly I love her sketch and what you did with it!! You two make a great team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!! Michelle....WOW!!! What can I say??? What a beautiful collection!! All of them stunning!! Love the sketches and papers you used!!! Great job!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful layouts and memories . Your son is a handsome man for sure .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, now I feel like a complete slacker for not getting my grad layouts done! WOW....you have created so many wonderful pages!!! And love your versatility....you can change it up and your designs look fantastic! Thanks for doing the 2-pager....you totally ROCKED it!! Now off I go to choose some grad photos.....

    ReplyDelete