Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Adorable nephews { and a Sketchy Challenge! }

Rob and I went to St John's / Mt. Pearl last week to visit my sister and her family. I'm sad to say we hardly ever see each other being on the opposite sides of the island. I'm ashamed to say that this was the first time we have been to her house in TWO years!!! 

I really enjoyed getting to spend some time with my two nephews. It saddens me that we are missing them growing up. We enjoyed Nathan's baseball game and taking them for little walks/bike rides around the neighborhood {and stopping into the corner store for treats of course!}.
Here's a few LOs I did using pics I took last week.

This first Lo is based on SUE SYKES August sketchy challenge at CANADIAN SCRAPBOOKER.

 
and here's my take on it..... 
 
 
Annette and I had such a laugh when we reviewed all the baseball photos I took , because Nathan looks so darn serious in this one. He was a man on a mission stepping up to that plate! lol {and yes he did get a hit!}
 
While Nathan was playing ball, his younger brother Brady was busy doing his own thing. Brady has high functioning autism. Actually the kid is brilliant...just turned five, and reads on a Jr high grade level...yes , I said reads! and amazingly taught himself to read! 
But like all autistic kids, he has his quirks and one involves his hair! He simply refuses to get it cut ! Believe me, my sister has tried !!! And he just does NOT care that people think he's a girl.
I took these photos of him while he was running around while Nathan played ball. He is such a free spirit and I think I captured it in these photos!
 
 
My fav is the photo of him with his hair streaming behind him and back lit with the sun !
Thanks for popping by today. Maybe you can pop back tomorrow when I'll be sharing a new birdhouse I've done with G45 French Country papers. Toodles!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. So nice to hear you had a special time visiting with family, MIchelle. Love both layouts! Yes, you captured these boys so perfectly with your camera! Well done, Auntie!!!

    ReplyDelete